[3830] ARRLDX SSB K3PP SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 8 20:39:09 PDT 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3PP
Operator(s): K3PP
Station: K3PP

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: EPA

   20: 1026   112
Total: 1523   345  Total Score = 1,571,130

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Unable to work the nights much because I'm in NYC on business tomorrow and need
to be on my toes. I didn't expect a Top Ten, but I'm happy with the results. I
think this is the first time I made over 1,000 QSOs on a single band. Twenty
meters was a bloodbath, but the place to be. Thanks to all the Europeans who
were patient with me through the S9+20dB QRM!

Others said it, but I will too. Ten was a rotten ghost band until a few hours
before the end. The Mayan and Aztec propagation gods finally blessed us with
spotty but welcome openings to the south! What a nice surprise!

Still rebuilding the station, so I could only do SO1R with no voice keying
(ugh!), but I did manage to get my 80 and 160 antennas fixed on Friday! I put
up an Inv-L on 160, which seemed to play much better than the Inv-V it
replaced. Had I been able to do more late night operating, my 80 and 160
numbers would be much better.

I had a great time!
VY 73 de Glenn K3PP