[3830] ARRLDX SSB KH6RC M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 9 13:35:14 PDT 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KH6RC
Operator(s): K7ZS,AH6RR,KH7DX,KH6RC
Station: KH6RC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Big Island of Hawaii

  160:    1     1
   20: 1682    58
   15:  562    49
   10:   26     8
-------------------
Total: 3238   215  Total Score = 2,088,510

A big thanks to Randy and Lynn for allowing me to bring Contesting to the
Leilani Bed and Breakfast's ham station.  A few locals joined me, Stu KH7DX and
Roland AH6RR rounded out the Runners, and of course we put Randy KH6RC at the
controls for his first contesting experience.

The station played well, the effort to put up a 160m inverted L went unrewarded
as band conditions were pretty noisy, and the rate was better on 80 meters.  We
worked a lot more stations the night before so we know it plays, just wasn't
meant to be this weekend.

We stayed in the Run Mode, it's just so fun when you live in the Pacific NW the
rest of the time to have pileups for hours.  We probably missed some mults but
fun was the first order of business here.

The station played flawlessly, we ran N1MM logger, the rig is an Icom Pro3
driving an Ameritron AL82 amplifier into either the 4 Element SteppIR or BigIR
vertical.  Wires include an 80/40 meter fan dipole which was quieter at times,
and of course the new inverted L for 160, but the SteppIR antennas did all the
work.

Thanks for all the contacts, I hope to be able to come and do this again!

73 Aloha de Kevin K7ZS/KH6 for KH6RC