[3830] ARRLDX SSB IR1G(IZ1LBG) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 9 15:05:59 PDT 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: IR1G
Operator(s): IZ1LBG
Station: IR1G

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JN44cv (CORTAZZONE)

   80:    9     6
Total:  731   105  Total Score = 230,265

ARRL is always a really surprising contest and also this year with no sunspot
(again!) was really a funny contest...

The chose of contest call take me about 2/3 week...Then I choosed this...I am
happy about the call...all copy the righht call (except for W3LPL on 15m that
copy IR1Y so I have to recall him) and I have no more the problem to be copied
like IK1LBG or LZ1LBG or somethig like that...

The contest: limited operation here...I operated first 2 h on 40m and then on
80m. At 11.14 the first QSO on 20m and band seamed to be good and I have a hugy
pile up of 121 QSO/h the second hour. Then I stoped after about 3 h of operation
and I went aganin on 40m the night. I spend again only 50 minutes for about 70
QSO (I think my best rate on 40 that I never had). When I coming back on 20m
the band was not as open as the first day, then a small opening on 15m as small
as unexpected. When I coming back on 20 m and i finally found a good frequency
(for many time I really didn't hear the station near me) many station call
again me. I stopped quite early (last QSO 18.27)

my compliment at K3LR (but guys where were you on 15 m?), W3LPL, K1RX, VY2TT
for they really stong signal on any workable band
Thans also to K7RI that call me on 40m (& 20m)...this was the second time that
I was able to work the weast cost. Thank to VO2NS for let me to work cq zone nr
2 with this new callsign.
Thanks to every one that call me!

See you in WPX SSB with this callsign!

Filippo IZ1LBG