[3830] ARRLDX SSB C6ANM M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 10 11:35:17 PDT 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: C6ANM
Operator(s): W2AFC, NE1B, N1EMC, N1GN
Station: C6ANM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bahamas

   20: 1707    60
   15:  201    39
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 3625   249  Total Score = 2,688,453

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to all who heard us and called, we got more Qs this year, fewer mults
resulting in a slightly lower score than last year.  Conditions on 160m.
Saturday night were bad due to QRN.  Sorry to those who called and not heard on
160.  We had poor results on 15 m. and 10 m. on Saturday.  On Sunday we
discovered the hastily constructed A4S was aimed at South America!  It was
located far from our shack view and was discovered late in the contest.  Once
turned to NA, we had quite a run on 15m.  First the Midwest and Great Plains
states, then late Sunday afternoon to 3's, 2's and finally 1's.  Our best
antenna was a 160m. Inverted-L which also worked on 80/40/20/15/10 and 6m.  We
enjoyed the Bahamian cuisine and beverages as well as a swim or two, but have
now returned to digging out our cars in snowy NH.