[3830] CQ160 CW WE3C Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Mar 12 07:14:08 PDT 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WE3C
Operator(s): NN3Q, W3FV, WE3C, KF3B
Station: WE3C

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: EPA

Total:  QSOs = 1824  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 84  Total Score = 1,274,734

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

The fantastic conditions allowed for very close competition in the Multi-one
category.

We had the opportunity to review and compare our hourly rates with W2GD’s top
score.

Q’s/Point	  2	 5	10	Total
W2GD		1098	106	700	1904
WE3C		1091	107	626	1824

Two and Five point Q’s were almost identical.  Ten point Q’s tell the
story.

10 Point Q’s			W2GD	WE3C	Dif
First night 22:00–7:00Z	        392	292	100
Sat morning Asia		1	5	 -4
Second night 22:00-7:00Z	280	294	-14
Sun morning Asia		2	17	-15
Other Q’s			25	18	  7
Total				700	626	 74

W2GD had a much stronger EU opening the first night of the contest than we did.
 The 100 ten point Q jump at the start gave them a huge advantage which we could
not overcome.  However, we had a big opening to JA that W2GD did not experience.
 It appears, even with super great conditions, propagation differences had a big
impact on our score.

Looking at the SO score postings also shows a consistent pattern of the near
coastal water stations experiencing super conditions.

Congratulations to all the SO stations on your fantastic scores!  It is a true
accomplishment considering the ten less hours of operating time and knowing all
the efforts we make as a Multi stations to achieve our scores in 40 hours.

Congratulations to the W2GD & K9RS teams, great job!!

A super special thank you to the WE3C Team for your outstanding efforts
and performance!

73,

The WE3C Team
www.we3c.com