[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Mar 12 20:58:21 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 13

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:  14      6
   40:  18      8
   20:   7      5
Total:  39     19  Total Score = 741

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

{SIGH} Yet another remote control station Nightmare again here tonight.

APOLOGIES to N4ZZ, N4OGW & N9CK who were left hanging out to dry at least once
when my remote software locked-up.  Had to restart the control software and
WriteLog was also still not working except for the Send CW Dialog box (when not
locking up).  Still have to make the switch to TR4W up there yet.

Due to the return audio delays, sending CW character by character manually from
the keyboard leaves much to be desired... especially while trying to read the
hastily scribbled Post It Notes (yeah, I had to scramble to do this again when
things went belly-up right at the beginning of the NS on 20m).  So sorry, guys,
for this (hopefully) temporary QLF CW again.

Heard but missed W9RE, however not a peep from N3BB, K4BAI or K7SS tonight.  I
must have zigged when they zagged.  Maybe DanWAH was out shopping for antiques
at some Moonlight sale.

We have finally had some sunny days out here after weeks of rain, and Saturday
will be the day I find out if there is still a road left up to Locust Peak.  If
we can at least shovel our way through the typical dirt and rockslide areas, I
hope to get back to work trying to resolve some of the remote glitches.  Still
have more antennas to put up but not sure this will be done before the new NS
Ladder begins.

Tnx again to all for your patience with the current remote hassles here.

73 & Tnx for all the Q's in honor of MARC, W6ZZZ...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust