[3830] NA Sprint RTTY W0YK HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Mar 14 21:17:34 PDT 2009

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: W0YK
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

   80:   64       2
   40:  131       4
   20:   62       2
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC 1

Comments:

Well, that was a bit better than October 2008, huh?!  Man, I hope I never try to
contest again in the conditions we had that weekend.  But, hey, activity was
great tonight and conditions were pretty good too.  I got two hours of 20 and
40 lasted the whole time.  There was a bit of a lull around 02Z when 20 was
down and 80 hadn't come up for me.

Thanks for everyone who got on.  RTTY Sprint is coming into its own ... without
dupes.  However, some folks still haven't gotten the word about NO DUPES, hi.
Several stations continually came back to dupe me, which explains the inflated
serial numbers I was handing out.

I think we had a record number of teams overall and NCCC fielded two full teams
plus a partial.  I was never able to snag the VE1, darn it.  Don't think there
were other mults I heard and missed, though.

If you felt overwhelmed by MARCs tonight, good.  NCCC lost a stellar member,
Marc Ziegler, W6ZZZ, last week and we're all still stunned.  Marc was a
workhorse in the NCCC, mostly in the background.  He contributed greatly to
running CQP and our club's Sweepstakes bid for the Club Competition gavel each
year.  Marc and his support of NCCC are greatly missed.  This Sprint is
dedicated to him by his NCCC buds.

Ed - W0YK