[3830] Commonwealth VY2SS Open HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 15 09:06:57 PDT 2009

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VY2SS
Operator(s): VY2SS
Station: VY2SS

Class: Open HP
QTH: PEI

Total:  507  Total Score = 99,999

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

one radio
400W to a tribander and homemade verticals.

I have no idea what my score would be. The Cabrillo is gone to RSGB so maybe
they can figure it out.

Given the advantage of a free hand with all those G stations I should have done
much better.  Last year I had 564 QSOs.

I had a LOT of problems with logging. I did not use N1MM. I should have and I
sure missed it.

There was some great DX on this year. One of the many high points was digging
VP8KF out of the dirt on 40M. I had him all to myself for the 11 or 12 minutes
that it took to complete the QSO. It was a tough one but worth it. Thanks for
your incredible patience John.

See you all next year.

73,

-Robby