[3830] NCCC Sprint K0DXC LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 15 18:12:26 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 13

Call: K0DXC
Operator(s): K0DXC
Station: K0DXC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Jackson, OH
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:  30     12
   40:   4      4
Total:  34     16  Total Score = 544

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Rig: IC-756PROIII
Antennas: 6BTV vertical, DX-B Sloper
Software: WT

The NCCC sprint was a TON of fun! I liked it more than the regular NA SPRINT!

Thanks to Mike, W9RE for reminding everyone via email about the sprint, and for
explaining the contest to me "off list". :-)

I first got on for the slow speed sprint.... That was OK. Not a ton of fun
because I felt restrained only being able to go about 24 wpm. However, after
the contest K4BAI called me and told me that there was a QRQ sprint coming up
in 15 minutes.

I was very happy to have someone drop their call in almost every time after I
inherited a frequency. Once I got the hang of things, I held the rate at
105/hour for the last 10 minutes of the contest. I wish it had been longer!

Allowing dupes made the contest very fun, I think I worked K0AD and a few other
stations close to 5 times!

I should have spent the last 10 minutes on 160 but I was having to much fun on
80. Maybe next time....

I will be in Illinois next Thursday but unfortunately I will not be at K9MMS so
I'll be QRT during the next sprint.

Thanks for the QSO(s)!

VY 73,
Cal, K0DXC