[3830] Commonwealth VK6LW Open HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 16 04:55:56 PDT 2009

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VK6LW
Operator(s): VK6LW
Station: VK6LW

Class: Open HP
QTH: Perth

   80:  55/33
   40: 271/70
   20:  74/62
   15:  57/29
   10:    9/9
-------------
Total:    466  Total Score = 6,390

Improved antennas here and better score than last year, HF predictably tough,
VK6 seems a long where from anywhere with no sunspots!! 2 ele beam on 40 worked
very well (good on 15 too) and beverages made a big difference on 40 and 80
receive with our high QRN here. Just a loop for the other bands, Rig is
FT1000MP. Activity seemed pretty good, team contest concept helps I think,
although during the day in the latter part of the contest it was hard going
trying to find QSO's. Great to make a few QSO's on 10 at the end with Asia and
C4/ZC4. Looking forward to condx improving.