[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Mar 19 21:24:55 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 20

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): 22 min

   80:   6      3
   40:  17     10
   20:   6      3
Total:  29     16  Total Score = 464

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Things were mostly {explicative deleted} BUTT-UGLY here again tonight.

I had spent hours configuring TR4W which I used in VP2V land to finally make
the change (remotely) at the remote station for the maiden voyage/test drive
tonight.  Everything worked fine on the home Confuzer, and for the first few
QSOs.  Then I had some problems that I've already email Dmitriy about I hope he
can fix ASAP.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, after successfully entering
N3BB's exchange info, I pushed the button to send my exchange.  WHAM!!! All my
remote stuff locked up and C-R-A-S-H-E-D.  It took 5 minutes to remotely reboot
the Confuzer and load up all the necessary programs again.  So very sorry, Booga
Booga San ;-(

Since I can't get any logger rig control working yet on the same Serial port
with the TS-480 remote control software, in the midst of all the $&^!
operational bugs, I forgot to manually change bands in TR4W when I went to 80m,
and had to manually edit those QSOs later.

After the next remote stuff CRASH, I was ready to turn everything off and grab
the bottle of Jack Daniels.  After losing more time, I got back to plugging
away in spite of the problems until the end of the NS.  Then I slurped down the
J.D. while on the post-NS Net.

I look forward to the day when everything will be remote contesting Sunshine &
Roses here, instead of always having to make excuses.  For those who had to QRX
while TR4W was locking up until I could clear the fields and manually send R or
TU via the Send CW dialog box, I hope Santa will be extra special nice to you
in December.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults & PATIENCE...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust