[3830] Rus DX HB9/NV1P SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 22 06:20:56 PDT 2009

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: HB9/NV1P
Operator(s): NV1P
Station: HB9/NV1P

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Geneva

   40:   91              30         7
   20:   18     16       11        14
Total:  109     16       41        21  Total Score = 34,162

That was fun, but it appears I need a NEW CALLSIGN!  So many stations this
weekend had trouble with the H(S), V(U or 4) and 1(J).   It's finally time to
trade in 'NV1P' for an easier 'NN3' or 'K3' callsign before returning to home
QTH in Washington, DC later this year.

Possible new shorter/more recognizable calls include:  NN3EE, NN3DX, NN3MM,
NN3SS, NN3NT, K3ENE, K3KET, K3KEE, K3NNT, AA3TT, KK3AA, KK3MM, etc.   Anyone
got a preference/vote?  You'll be listening to it on the other end for many
years into the future, so here's your chance to ensure 100% copy :-)  Feedback
welcome.

Also I can't seem to get N1MM Logger to send CW using a USB cable.  Do I need
to build an external transistor switching circuit (as per the manual) or is
there a 'plug-and-play' way to do this?

73's from Geneva,

Ken, NV1P
kenlow7 at aol.com