[3830] WiQP N9NE SO Mobile LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 22 10:11:19 PDT 2009

                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: N9NE
Operator(s): N9NE
Station: N9NE

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH:

  UHF:
--------------------
Total:  738     0  Mults = 65  Total Score = 154,860.0

Club: Fond du Lac, WI

Comments:

This was a hoot and a shoot-out!  I think all the mobiles were surprised by the
mobs of callers from the get-go. This was my best score ever, although the
number of multipliers was down significantly from last year. Conditions were
excellent. I thank all the stations that followed us from county-to-county (20
in all ... mostly in the SE 1/4 of the state)!

The weather was fantastic for WI in March ... 70F and sunny. My son-in-law
drove, and in MRQ he pointed at a small lake where several old guys were
sitting on their lawn chairs, wearing T-shirts, and ice-fishing :)

My inability to make contact with other instate mobiles and even fixed stations
limited the multiplier count. I know that the other rovers had the same
problem.

I did have one glitch. This was the first time I used my new K3 in the mobile
and, for reasons probably not related to the rig, I had a bad voltage drop
which limited my output to about 70 watts. Otherwise, the K3 performed very
well in this environment. The antenna was a 3-resonator Hustler arrangement
using a 52" mast mag-mounted and guyed to the top of the van. It extended 14'8"
above the road surface, and we scraped the bottom of the same three overpasses
on the bypass around Milwaukee that we hit last year :)

Condolences to WI9WI on his troubles and congratulations to NE9U on his
apparent first place!

73
Todd