[3830] BARTG K4GMH SO Expert HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 22 19:40:07 PDT 2009

                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: VA

   80:  191      21         14
   40:  391      40         21
   20:  612      62         23
   15:   23       8          6
   10:    0       0          0
-----------------------------------
Total: 1217     131         64  Continents = 6  Total Score = 1,423,890

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks BARTG for sponsoring the Contest.  How about some Sun Spots next year.

The bands were a bit below the typical that has
been experienced in resent RTTY contests.  Fortunately,
the bands were quite other than at the end of the
Contest.  Even with the bands being down, still had a number
of surprises on 20 meters with some loud signals from E21, 9M6, VU2, etc.  Even
40 meters seemed to lack the propagation seen in recent contests.

This year 15 meters was not good at all.  Last year had over 50 QSOs and more
mults on 15 alone.  The 2009 overall score about 300K lower and ~200 Qs less
than 2008.

The "STA" at the end of my exchange during part of the Contest stands for
Stafford County as the Virginia QSO Party also was held this weekend.  The VAQP
has a digital category, so thought if anyone was looking to pick up a "two-fer"
- BARTG & VAQP - the "STA" was added to the exchange.

Thanks for all the patience with my repeats as Writelog is giving me fits.
Sometimes the full macro will be sent when the function key is pressed.  Other
times, the macro would stop, usually after a number but before a letter.
Anyway, will be reloading the full Writelog in hope it solves the problem.  If
not, N1MM will be tried.  MixW2 is used outside of contests and doesn't have
this problem.  Hopefully, the MixW2 working without a problem means RF isn't
the issue.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH