[3830] BARTG WN6K SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 22 22:21:35 PDT 2009

                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA

   80:   46       2         10
   40:  155       8         20
   20:  228      15         26
   15:   32       3         10
   10:    1       1          1
-----------------------------------
Total:  462      29         67  Continents = 5  Total Score = 221,280

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was supposed to be a 'thing to do this weekend to fill in the time' type of
contest but once involved, I sort of got into it.

The band conditions were horrible - and where was the DX? I seem to remember
lots more in the last time I did this but perhaps March Madness and no sunspots
were too much for one contest.

Still learning how to maneuver about in RTTY - it is sure different from other
modes of contest styles that is for sure.  I do NOT like the 5 minute about
changing bands...what a waste of time.  We have been in the habit of moving our
friends from band to band and if they are the only ones local, you are stuck
sitting around for the equivalent of 30 min.  This is not conducive to getting
folks to spread their multipliers around either.

15 was open on Saturday but not much else any other time...

Had a local competition with a friend to keep us 'interested' and keep on
slugging it out...especially the horrible doldrums of Sunday afternoon.  (Wild
Bill eked me out by 2,000 points raw score...we will see who fares better in
the final tally.

Lockups on computer = 2 probably some minor rf thing and microHam keyer.
Everything else performed as expected.  The 40 meter run in the last hour was
great fun and kept me going right till the last second.

WN6K, Paul