[3830] Rus DX SP4Z SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 23 15:55:26 PDT 2009

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: SP4Z
Operator(s): SP4Z
Station: SP4Z

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Lapy

  160:   172   119       45        45
   80:   306   192       54        57
   40:   359   168       66        62
   20:   280   193       56        59
   15:   112    77       32        28
   10:     8     0        3         6
Total:  1237   749      256       257  Total Score = 7,421,058

Club: SP DX Club

Comments:

Total 1986 netto QSO with 1996 serial Number

20m - I was frustrating after first 4 hours of contest. Only 300 QSO when other
big contesters in Europe have over 500 QSO. Spend that time mostly on 20m CW/SSB
with 30 min on 15m S&P method. But wrong decision was staying with antenna on
EAST direction. Now I think this direction should be next day in the morning,
but I thougt 10 pointers QSO are more valuable. Look below only 13 QSO with
North America. That made very low MULT on 20m with DXCC from West Area like
Carribean and SA. I already could not increas it on Sunday.

40m - Was bad in the night even my good 3 el yagi - so decide more 80m instead
but on 40m also made less mult than other big guns and as usually in other big
contest. Also lest than 20 QSO with NA

160m few USA but no VE called me, VE1ZZ was hearin during RL3A QSO. Heard V47NT
but not reached the number so after listenig him few minutes made QSY. Rule is
rule - my wrong number loose point for V47NT => this work both way

15m surprise on Sunday with very small Short skip openings to UA3 and UA4
areas
moving from one to other slowly reaching even UA9/UA0 ending on UA6. VK4 and
ZL1 was really fb mult.

10m - QRV with RF9S one DX QSO (I hope it was him in noise)

CW is easier to transmit than SSB but on SSB QSOs was higher rate compensating
unconviences shouting to MIC (use memory PAD for SSB playing CQ and THANKS
info).

I am very happy to hear and work big number of Russian Ham friend participating
in the contest. 781 UA QSO and 364 UA9/0. Multiplier by multiplier came into log
- nice watching incresing total score after each QSO. Lack of UA0 oblasts
but the distance is very long and opening was short that area. Not work on 20m
on 20m many UA3 oblast due to dead are propagation (firtst day in the afternoon
no one UA3 put in the log on 20m band).

There was no time to work each band each mode in right time. So for the big
contesters this need a lot of strategy and quick decision what band to choose.
Tony ES5TV made good decision you have only one day another not come like in WW
and WPX. Also what strategy was YU2A and 403A?. I hope they will write something
on 3830.

Thanks Russian friends for Contest. See you next year.
Please remember to work few QSO with SP hams in SP DX Contest on 4/5 April
Rules: http://www.spdxcontest.info/en/index.php

CU DOSWIDANIA, 73 Wes SP4Z

   160m    80m    40m    20m    15m    10m   Total      %

    AS      31     84    115    219     13      1     463    23.3
    EU     256    392    380    189    161      7    1385    69.7
    OC       0      0      4      8      4      0      16     0.8
    SA       0      2     12      5      8      0      27     1.4
    NA       4     18     13     49      0      0      84     4.2
    AF       0      2      3      3      3      0      11     0.6