[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Mar 26 23:42:45 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 27

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   0      0
   80:  13      8
   40:  25     11
   20:   7      6
Total:  45     25  Total Score = 1,125

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great turnout tonight and lots of juicy mults, many of which I missed (e.g. NH).
 Good to see KZ5D providing LA and to hear Bill, K0UK back in the fray again.

I'm pleased to report that we finally are able to ship wine to MT and TN, so a
selection of two CA wines from the Steele Winery in Kelseyville, CA (new home
of N6ZFO) is on its way to K7SS, N9RV and W4NZ. [N6RO will receive his wine in
person at some point].   It's actually a double prize this year, a Steele 2006
Merlot -- Best of Class in the SF Chronicle's 2009 tasting, and an interesting
Lake County Syrah Port also from the Steele Winery.  Grapes for the Syrah Port
likely came from our neighbor Sarah Dorn's vineyard.  At some point, the prizes
may come from the N6ZFO winery, but that will take a few years more.

Ladder competition begins next Thursday night. Full details tomorrow on CQ
Contest Refl, but the differences from last year are the following:

1) 14 Ladder weeks ending Aug 7.  Best 9 scores counted toward awards (but
fewer in Newcomers Division)
2) Divisions slightly different this year:
       -- Newcomers Division will be selected by the participant instead of
being assigned bythe (overworked) Contest director.  BTW, it's fine to consider
yourself a newcomer if your previous participation has been very light. . . for
ex if you've only done one or two NS Ladder weeks in the past couple years.
       -- The NCCC Division formerly included only NCCC members in CA/NV. This
year, an NCCC member anywhere will be in the NCCC division. [main effect is on
K7SS and W7SW]
3) Bands are 20, 40 and 80 only, NO 160 this year (separate 160, 80, 40 event
in the fall).

Please encourage your friends to join this snappy contest, perhaps getting
their feet wet with the SNS, which will continue throughout the Ladder
Competition 30 mins earlier.

Top competitors should always be scheming to win the NS X Prize, first 3000-
point score in a single half hour ladder competition.  NCJ subscription
courtesy the Locust, K6VVA.

Note: Ladder is always 100 watts or less.

73 Bill N6ZFO
Contest Director, NCCC Sprint Ladder