[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Mar 27 05:24:39 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 27

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:   4      4
   80:  17      9
   40:  17      9
   20:   0      0
Total:  38     22  Total Score = 836

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, 40M dipole, 88' center fed zepp, t vertical.  Thunderstorms in
the area.  High QRN on 80 and 160M.  20M was long.  Still could hear high power
signals from AZ, but no answers to CQs on 14040 in the ten minutes before the
Sprint started.  So, started on 40, which was very slow at first.  Assume
others had propagation on 20 and were still there.  40 was long, but good
signals from MA, WI, MN, and TX and fair signals from CA and WA (except for
N7LOX who was very strong).  Glad to work K1ZZI ground wave from about 120
miles.  Signals on 80 and 160 were strong, but QRN was stronger, causing need
to ask for fills a lot.  Heard nothing further away than TX and MN on those
bands, but K0AD was surprisingly strong on 160.  No skip zone noticed on 80M.
Nice to hear grandfather and grandson K9MMS and K0DXC competing against each
other. I'm betting that the "Kid" won.  K0PC had an outstanding signal on 40
and 80.  Welcome to KE0G and welcome back to N9NC, N9NB, and K8MR.  Thanks for
all the QSOs.  Hope to work you all on 6 bands this weekend from multi multi
station NQ4I in CQ WPX SSB.  And watch for the Ga QSO Party April 11 and 12.
73, John, K4BAI.