[3830] WPX SSB K4ZW SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 29 16:50:30 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K4ZW
Operator(s): K4ZW
Station: K4ZW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA

   20: 1767

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Slightly surpassed last year's score.  Don't know if that's good or not. I had
not planned on putting in a full effort.  In fact there is a 49 minute gap
during 01 UTC the first night when I stopped operating to watch the Capitals
hockey game on TV.  I should have waited another 11 minutes and used it as off
time.  At some point I got hooked into the game and then there comes another
point where you have enough time invested and you hate to walk away.  WPX is
all about running and at this point in the cycle that means grinding it out on
20 meters, at times with 2 and 3 people on the same frequency.  Not much fun in
that.  So I think I'll take a break from SSB contesting until this fall and WW
DX SSB.  Looking forward to Visalia in a few weeks.  Nodir EY8MM and I will be
doing a presentation on his record setting contest efforts from this past year.
 Hope to see you there!

Ken K4ZW