[3830] WPX SSB VE4EAR SOAB(TS) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 29 17:16:33 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH:

Well that was a blast! Amazingly decent conditions on Sunday with long openings
to EU. 15m was open both days but only north and south paths. 10m was non
existent from here.

20m was a meat grinder as expected and Ifound turning the beam north to JA or
EU was the only way to operate. Domestic signals were weaker but my receiver
front end thanked me. From VE4 land, everybody from the right and left coast
are equally strong.

80% of the Q's were from S&P. I was only able to establish and hold a frequency
a couple times.

Highlights imclude having a couple VK stations call me on 40m Sunday morning
while the antenna was pointed south.

I set a goal of 1000 Q's and 1M points. Managed to beat both so I am tired and
happy.

Also ran 400W the whole weekend and no complaints from the neighbor. After the
incident with him cutting my feedline, I didn't really care if I destroyed his
receiver and stereo system this weekend.

Thanks for all the Q's and patience!

73

Ed
VE4EAR