[3830] WPX SSB NG6S(@K6LRG) M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 29 17:18:43 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NG6S
Operator(s): N6WM N6SPP W4UAT K4VU K6IP KI6BEN KG6C
Station: K6LRG

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Livermore, CA

   20: 1023

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Had some challenges on this one, some issues with newly installed antennas..  2L
40 meter beam interacting with an Inverted L a bit too close, also our 40/160
meter station failed mid contest, and we were unable to get it replaced and
operational until Sunday morning.

As an amusing yet painful note, 1 day prior to contest a cow got into the radio
station compound and effectively damaged the 160 Meter inverted L causing the
need for a last minute repair!!!

Never the less, glad to now have a 40 meter beam, and look forward to using it
on future tests.

Thanks to all for the QSO's, special thanks to all the ops who came up and made
up the team listed and W4UAT for all the pre contest assist!

seeya next time

73

Chris
N6WM(for NG6S at K6LRG)