[3830] WPX SSB W1KQ SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 29 17:36:36 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W1KQ
Operator(s): W1KQ
Station: W1KQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 14:17

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

100% S&P.  I still say a phone contest is more difficult than a CW or RTTY
contest...but it's still a lot of fun.  Had to go to a wedding Saturday so no
ops from about 3PM local till later Sunday morning.  I think I could have
pulled a couple hundred more Q's during that time.  What I did was about
average for my normal ops.

TB-WIRES  Cushcraft X-9 @ 45 feet & Cobra Dipole @ 70 feet.  FT-1000D/AL-811H.
Did some 40m off the =back= of the X9 as well as some 20, 15 and 10.

Was kind of odd that I worked JI2ZJS @ 21:49z on 20m (front of the beam; he was
the only JA I heard anywhere.  Worked a couple of VE7's...no KL7's and no KH6's.
 N-S was strong on 15 and 10.