[3830] WPX SSB K9CT SOSB20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 29 18:10:43 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: IL

   20: 1552

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Picked a single band that shares my normal sleep hours! 20m can be very crowded
and noisy on phone. But I slugged it out....the 1800 hz filter became a
friend.

Band closed about 2.5 hours after SS, like someone threw a switch. But very
slow to open on first day but early on the second. Best rates were to EU on
first morning. Band conditions were excellent on second day. Open early to over
the pole catching some good signals from UA0 and UA9.

IC7700, Alpha 87A, SteppIR 4 el at 90' and 3 el at 50'. We had some very strong
winds and rain during the contest ending with several inches of snow on the
ground! Rain and snow static was interesting. No thunder or lightning though.

Fun contest!

73, Craig K9CT