[3830] WPX SSB KG6D SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 29 20:16:26 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KG6D
Operator(s): KG6D
Station: KG6D

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Manteca, CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well this contest I had to share the contesting time in the shack with the wife
(KT6YL) since we each used our own callsign. That's OK, since it is nice having
a wife that understands the hobby :-) I am really happy with my results for only
putting in 10 hours of operating time for this contest. Sunday was the best
operating conditions, since it seems that every part of the world answered my
CQ, I had Iceland and other parts of Europe and Africa still calling me at
2300z on 20 meters Sunday afternoon.

Maybe we should have used one call in the contest since the combined score of
my wife (KT6YL) and my score (KG6D) equals 848,416 in just 26 hours of combined
operating time. I believe that it would have been higher if we had used one
call.

Anyway, I had lots of fun, and met some very nice HAM's.
Thank you to all that answered my call !!

Hope to see you in the next contest.

73 KG6D - Kevin