[3830] WPX SSB VE3MGY SOSB160 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 30 04:56:26 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3MGY
Operator(s): VE3MGY
Station: VE3MGY

Class: SOSB160 LP
QTH: Ontario

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

A very promising week on 160 with no QRN in NA then turned into the perfect mess
by Friday night with 60 - 70 thousand strikes being reported every 2 hours in NA
alone. QRN was well over S9 all weekend. As the storms approached Saturday night
QRN only got louder by 15 db. Of course by Monday morning things were back to
normal with no storms or Lightning being reported - just the luck of the draw.
The only highlight was working a IK7 who called me at his sunrise so obviously
he was hearing ok. Used the DX Cluster for this one - some assistance that
was[!] - which puts me in the Assisted category none the less.

Thanks for the QSO's [ and many repeats ]

73
Brian
VE3MGY