[3830] WPX SSB WE4M(N2QT) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 30 11:09:40 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WE4M
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First time using the new club call.    Beat last years score by about 50%
(but it was not lossing the amp halfway through last years test, rather than
the new call).  It is really tough to slug it out on 20M with so many on the
same frequency, so when I'd had enough I'd wander off for a while.

Lots of lowband static, but 40 was sure nice without all the broadcast
stations. Sure looking forward to having 15 and 10 open again.  Nothing
broke and didn't spill anything.....

            Rig : FT1000MKV, Alpha 87A on the lower bands,
                  3 El Steppir 50 ft, 40M rotary dipole 56 ft
                  Shuntfed tower on 80/160, KT34A at 55 ft
                 80M dipole