[3830] WPX SSB G4ERW SOSB20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 30 12:50:01 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: G4ERW
Operator(s): G4ERW
Station: G4ERW

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Ashford

Had to fit contest around family commitments but managed approx 14 hours total
operating time. A few short runs to North America on Saturday and Sunday
afternoon but signals seemed down compared with the ARRL contest a few weeks
earlier. A good level of activity from the Far East but only two VK’s worked.
Some excellent DX from all corners of the globe – and of course plenty of
prefix multipliers!
This was the first contest that I have recorded and I used Audacity running on
a second PC.

Transceiver:	TS850
Linear:		AL811
Antenna:	3 element monoband Quad @ 15m