[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri May 1 00:03:06 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 1

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

   80:   8      6
   40:  10      8
   20:  20     12
-------------------
Total:  38     26  Total Score = 988

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The strategy was 20 meters, then jump to 80 then finish on 40, which is my weak
band.  But after 11 mins and 20 Q's on 20, there was absolutely no one on 80,
so had to waste 5 mins on 40.  Returned to 40 for last 4 mins.  The 8 mins on
80m was reasonably productive including qso's with N3SD and NO3M.

Pre-contest had enjoyable short Q's with many, including k7bg in MT wa1z in NH,
n4ogw, w1uj in MA, W0BH in KS and others, most with big signals.

Amazed to work NE two weeks in a row, this week ww2y.  Fun to work K0DXC and
K9MMS in succession on 80m.

Never heard N4OGW, W0YK, K6VVA.  K6UFO was my only CA contact . . tks Mork.
Your sig was a rock crusher, which I now realize emanated from W6YX this week.

Much time spent on NS Ladder organization things this week, but probably most
of you would agree the time was well spent. And all of Thursday went toward
plumbing/irrigation things with XYL's garden.  40m DE Zepp is a total
disappointment. Some modeling is in order.

If you are new to NS Ladder and do NOT receive and invitation to the NS/NSL
Reflector, nccc-blue please email me at n6zfo at arrl.net.

73 Bill n6zfo
Contest Director, NCCC Sprint Ladder