[3830] 7QP NN7ZZ(N5LZ) SOMixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 3 11:11:30 PDT 2009

                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: NN7ZZ
Operator(s): N5LZ
Station: N5LZ

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: UT CAC

  160:    7      2      0
   80:  150    126      0
   40:  287    236      0
   20:  373    304      0
   15:   11      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  828    668      0  Mults = 66  Total Score = 252,120

Club: Utah DX Association

Comments:

Another fun 7QP!   I spent the entire contest period in the chair except for a
couple short meal and bathroom breaks.  I did nothing but run, except for a few
S&P Qs while looking for clear frequencies, and used a single radio.  Missed HI,
AK, and the rare VE mults again, but all the other mults seemed plentiful, and
more than enough DX called in to fill the DX mult quota.  Participation seemed
to be great again, especially with NEQP and InQP activity.  I continue to
struggle with logging the county line QSOs.  I chose to make a new log entry
for each county, which did seem to work, but it broke my run rhythm every time,
and the process is always error prone.  Thanks to the stations who patiently
waited while I interrupted the run and transmitted CW gibberish while getting
the logging straightened out, especially after I worked K7VGQ at his four
county point in Oregon!  I’m not a digital guy, so none of those juicy 3
point qsos made it into my log, which will undoubtedly impact my standing in
the results.

Thanks to the mobiles and county expeditioners, who are responsible for
generating the non-7 activity that makes this contest so great.  Thanks for the
QSOs, and thanks to the 7QP committee and sponsors for another outstanding
event.

Station: K3, Alpha 9500, 3 El SteppIR w/ 30/40 at 52 ft and 80M inverted vee.

73, Don, N5LZ, NN7ZZ