[3830] InQP N9N(K9NN) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 3 17:38:27 PDT 2009

                    Indiana QSO Party

Call: N9N
Operator(s): K9NN
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Marion County, IN

  160:
   80:  114     89
--------------------
Total:  362    619  CW Mults = 74  Ph Mults = 90  Total Score = 214,676

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Only one word describes contest for me.... WOW !  I had the opportunity 	to
operate single-op at W9RE's station for the contest and hear what it 	is like
to have a pile-up of 10-15 stations calling you.  I've never 	experienced a
pile-up like that before.

I was torn in the contest on whether I should focus more on run-rates or
multiplier hunting and decided to focus on rates.  I thought this would be
more important as the N9N operation was one of the special "1x1's" and a
certificate was available for those that talked to all of the special event
stations, N9I, N9N, N9Q and N9P.  I missed several of the mobiles as they
were running their own pile-ups, but I did find a few and and several mobiles
found me which was great.

It took me awhile to covert my mind over to the N9N call from my own, K9NN,
so I apologize to those when I had to repeat the right call instead of my
own. :)

So thanks to Mel, KJ9C and all the rest for organizing the event and a special
thanks to Mike, W9RE, for allowing me the opportunity to operate his station.

	73,

	Dale  K9NN