[3830] NewEngQP N2WN Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 4 05:02:35 PDT 2009

                    New England QSO Party

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:

   80:     30
   40:     78        6
   20:    111       34
   15:     28        3
   10:     10        3
------------------------
Total:    257       46  Mults = 65  Total Score = 36,270

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

...and the propagation gods smiled upon the New England QSO Party...

What a weekend. Rain and storms all over the place and yet, the bands were in
decent shape, at least from here to the North East. The mobiles were working
really hard and my hat is off to them. K1KI and WA1Z were amazing to listen
too. K1KI was masterful towards the end of the contest in handling the pileups.
K1KI 17, WA1Z 14, NE1QP 12, N1RR 11, K1EP 8, WW1M 2... There were a couple
others that may have been mobile, definitely portable. Many thanks for the new
counties and catching the call. Although I was mistaken for W4PN once (I take
that as a compliment!) It was great to have nice openings on 15 and 10, with
people actually there. The openings were rock solid too!

I wonder if New England thought they were being attacked by the First Tennessee
Volunteers as TCG was out in force.

80 was quiet, a bit noisy the first night and too much going on on 40 and 20 to
move there it seemed.

Worked a couple of stations on RTTY. Thanks to K1LPS for moving and adding VT
to my TPA list. Had hoped for a bit more activity, but thanks to W1NG too.

I had hoped to beat my previous high score, but never thought it would be by so
much. Sorry to lay K4LTA's Tn QRP record to rest...

My wife is deciding what flavor of Ben & Jerry's she's going to pick out. Many
thanks to her for hauling meals over to the shack :o)

great fun, excellent turnout and see ya down da log!

73,
Julius
n2wn

K3 or K2
40M Delta loop or vertical
4 el SteppIr at 50 or so feet
or two element quad in rough shape at 50'