[3830] NewEngQP K0IO Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 4 07:28:36 PDT 2009

                    New England QSO Party

Call: K0IO
Operator(s): K0IO
Station: K0IO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:     21
   40:     62
   20:    106
   15:     13
   10:
------------------------
Total:    202       0  Mults = 57  Total Score = 23,028

Club: NEWTON ARA

Comments:

First thanks to all the mobiles.  Always fun.  Put up a single 40-meter delta
loop (apex at 60 feet) for east-west propagation for the NEQP and 7QP -- might
add a reflector if the NEQP date changes to May next year.  One of my neighbors
"down the hill" invited me to a graduation party with live music he was having
Saturday night. Remembering the experience on St Paul Island (VE1SPI) when our
80-meter signal modulated the electronic fog horn, I decided to run low power
to avoid any rfi problems.  As it turns out, a little CW modulation might have
improved the quality of the garage-band music coming from the valley below!
Only missed a couple of stations that couldn't hear me. -- 73--John K0IO