[3830] 7QP N7CW(@K6ZH/7) Cnty Exped M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue May 5 15:36:01 PDT 2009

                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: N7CW
Operator(s): N7CW, K6ZH, K0YW
Station: K6ZH/7

Class: Cnty Exped M/S HP
QTH: Esmeralda Cty, NV

  160:
   80:   69     83
   15:    4      1
----------------------------
Total:  627    747      0  Mults = 67  Total Score = 226,125

First significant ham radio operation from K6ZH's "vacation home" QTH in
Goldfield, Esmeralda County, NV (rare).  Jim (ZH) towed the contest trailer
belonging to him, N7CW, N6EEG, N7TY, and N6EEX, from San Diego.  The trailer
has been used by this group and a few others for many years in Field Day and
more recently for CQP from Imperial County.  The trailer was originally built
by Harv, K6QK, who unfortunately became a silent key last year.  Much
refurbishment has been done on the trailer this year - it works great!

Equipment:  IC-746 driving an Alpha, A4 on 20 and 15, 40-2CD on 40, inverted
vee on 80.  We used N1MM Logger, and Bud N7CW took the time to "tweak it" so we
could get and provide QSO credit for the other concurrent QSO Parties (Indiana,
NEQP).

Ops:  Jim K6ZH, Bud N7CW (ex-San Diegan, now living in Prescott, AZ), and Bruce
K0YW (from Ignacio, CO, also formerly from San Diego).

We had reasonable condx for this time of the sunspot cycle, and we seemed to
get out well from this QTH - little noise and decent Wx.  Worked all 50 states,
7 VE mults, and way more than 10 DX countries (but that's the max for scoring
the way we read it).

Strongly recommend that the rule that allows County-Line guys to get 2 QSO
credit for each QSO they make be modified to be 2 Qs for the guy making the Q,
but not for the County-line guy.  That would be consistent with other QSO
parties, e.g. CQP.

We had a *great* time.  Tnx for the Qs.  73 - Jim, K6ZH (and Bud and Bruce)