[3830] NCCC Sprint NO3M LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu May 14 20:44:43 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 15

Call: NO3M
Operator(s): NO3M
Station: NO3M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

   80:   7      4
   40:  34      9
Total:  41     13  Total Score = 533

/M in OH this week, heading to Dayton.  Got a super late start today, so we'll
probably arrive after 1:30 AM tonight.

Ran the SNS while in transit, then decided to stop at the junction of 76/224
and 71 before heading south to Columbus.

Fired up the mini Windows PC to use N1MM, but as already realized at home
earlier this week, had problems keying the K3 via the USB->Serial cable.  Ended
up keying entire 'test w/ the N3ZN paddle, so apologies for the slop.  Then,
after QSO 23, the mini laptop runs out of juice; tried grabbing the power
adapter quickly, but too late!  So then I used the Linux laptop to log the rest
by hand to a text file.

Thanks for the Qs; either propagation was great tonight or the bugcatchers were
spitting fire :)  RX signals were generally quite strong, but by the mult total,
I'm sure there were a few I never hear or was able to pull out.

Best 73
Eric (ty) NO3M/8

Rig: K3/100
80M Ant: Bugcatcher w/ 6160 coil (monster), 17 ft to tip, hitch mount
40M Ant: Bugcatcher w/ 440 coil, roof mount