[3830] NCCC Sprint K0DXC LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu May 21 20:15:11 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint - May 22

Call: K0DXC
Operator(s): K0DXC
Station: K0DXC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Jackson, OH

   80:  14      ?
   40:  17      ?
   20:   4      ?
Total:  35     29  Total Score = 1,015

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: 756PROIII
Antenna: NEW 1/2 wave 80 meter dipole @ 50 feet!

A new dipole went up a few days ago. It works EXTREMELY well. I am hearing
stations 20 db louder than on the vertical on 40 and 20 meters and I am
guessing that I am a lot louder as well.

THE NO DUPE RULE WILL NOT WORK!

I recorded the contest but I'm not going to post it online.

I missed the first 7 minutes of the contest. My log CRASHED right at the start
of NS. I tried hitting F1 to CQ and it would lock out. Then my computer would
emit a blaring tone and 5 different error windows popped up. I had to reboot
the computer and then reboot it again when it froze a second time --- all
without making a single QSO!

I was ticked off. 20 was packed with signals.

I made a few Q's on 20 but my computer would still occasionally lock up and I
would have to re-start my log. In addition to that, my computer would randomly
send random CW. For example, the weight would shift 45% to one side, a tone
would TX, the wrong side tone would play in my ears, etc. Thankfully I have a
new computer downstairs that I will move up to my shack this weekend.

I really DID NOT like the no dupe rule. It greatly frustrated me. In addition
to dealing with my log not working I had to filter out who I had already
worked! I had trouble pouncing because the new rule made me hesitant. The
pileups were still large and everyone was STILL crammed together.

BTW, I *think* I had 29 mults. I am logging with the regular NA SPRINT log
because NS wasn't allowing dupes this week.

Please don't enforce a no dupe rule for next ladder. All it will do is make the
competition 110% more serious. Eventually a few people might start padding their
logs with extra Q's / mults. If this happens we will have to check logs and NS
will loose its fun. I don't want to send in a cabrillo every 7 days for a
contest that is a half an hour long. Would we even get any log checkers willing
to cross check logs every week?

Sorry if the tone of my writing is taken offensively. I lost a lot of morale
this week.

...It will be regained next week!

73,
Kid, K0DXC