[3830] NCCC Sprint NO3M/M LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu May 21 21:21:21 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint - May 22

Call: NO3M/M
Operator(s): NO3M
Station: NO3M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA

   80:  10      7
   40:  16     13
   20:   8      5
Total:  34     25  Total Score = 850

Back in the mobile for kicks tonight; decided to head up to the hilltop behind
the house about a half-mile up the road.  The location is known as the
"Narrows" to the locals and there is an outlook where you can see the Allegheny
River twisting several hundred feet below.  The view stretches for quite a
distance in all directions, with the river basically wrapping around the
hilltop/knob.  Jumped out of the car to switch taps from 20M to 40M around
0238Z; tuning was spot on w/ lowest match at 40 kHz up on each band.

Got copied as NO5W/M several times tonight, but hopefully the exchange cleared
that up.

Probably the last time in NS this season to run mobile.  I need to work on the
wires at home for 40M and 20M before next week.

Dupes?  Well, I'm not particularly a fan of NO-DUPES, but seeing the majority
of the scores, seems there was a jump upwards vs. DUPES.  If the same format is
used next week, I'll have a better idea vs. previous weeks from home.

It was nice to meet those that attended Dayton as well as putting the OH mult
in the NS last week.

Best 73
Eric (ty) NO3M

Rig: K3/100
Ant 1: 20M/40M roof mount Bugcatcher, 4 in. coil
Ant 2: 80M/160M hitch mount Bugcatcher, 6 in. coil, 24 in. cap disk (17.5 ft to
tip)