[3830] NCCC Sprint W5JAW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu May 21 21:46:23 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint - May 22

Call: W5JAW
Operator(s): W5JAW
Station: W5JAW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

   80:   8      6
   40:  21     14
   20:  27     17
Total:  56     37  Total Score = 2,072

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

SO1R Carolina Windom @ 30 ft

Wow, that was more like it!  Proof that there is no reason to continue with
allowing dupes.  By far, my best score ever (first time over 2K), and I didn't
come close to working everyone I heard, and missed lots of available
multipliers.  It was just like a real Sprint.

I stayed on 20m for the first 15 minutes because I continued to pick up mults
about every other QSO.  Signals were not fantastic there, but stable signals
were heard from all over.  40 was great, and 80 was much quieter than usual,
though I only spent 3-4 minutes there.

Many of the old time regulars were missed by being out of synch, but that was
made up for by working many new (to me) participants.

Jim, w5jaw