[3830] WPX CW K7IA SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 31 17:21:01 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 22:13

All worked well (equipment, propagation, lack of the unusual T-storms that have
plagued SW New Mexico for the past few weeks) until Saturday afternoon.
Returned home from a memorial service for an elderly neighbor to find that the
4 el SteppIR was on the fritz, cause unknown.  Took some time for some
troubleshooting, but nothing was obvious.  Worked 20 and 15 using the SteppIR
vertical but couldn't hold run freqs for very long.

I enjoyed the lengthy evening propagation from EU.

Many thanks to those who pulled in my vertical polarization!

73, Dan