[3830] WPX CW W4PM SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 31 17:52:34 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W4PM
Operator(s): W4PM
Station: W4PM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: Ten Tec Omni VII, Ameritron ALS-600 400w
Antenna: 176' center fed at 60'

I only had a few hours to play.  Our daughter gave birth to our first
grandchildren (twins) on Friday afternoon.  I managed to get about 11 hours of
chair time mostly CQing and a little S&P.  No effort was made to search for
multipliers.  I just took what I ran across. 40m was my best DX band.  20m
propagation was rather weak for DX and 80 was too noisy with summer time QRN.
15m had fair stateside openings with a few BIG GUN EU stations also making the
log.  10 provided a few QSO's with the best DX being one California station.

Maybe next year I'll have more time for this one. It is one of my favorite
contests because it can generate big numbers if you have the time and make the
effort.  It must be a real hoot with big power and antennas!

73 & thanks for the Q's
Puck W4PM