[3830] WPX CW VY1EI SO(A)SB20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 31 21:59:37 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VY1EI
Operator(s): VY1EI
Station: VY1EI

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
QTH: Yukon
Operating Time (hrs):

Good conditions to Europe. Very low aurora and long openings on 20 meters. High
winds compelled me to lower my crank-up mobile tower from 70 feet to 40 feet
and it didn't affect my signal or my reception from Europe at all. Half way
through the contest my rotor got stuck facing north so I had to focus on Europe
for the balance of the contest.

I was hoping to improve my score from last year when I got a CQ plaque for
winning the North America rookie division. I've been a ham for four years now
so no rookie category for VY1EI this year.

Thanks for the QSOs

Eric
VY1EI