[3830] WPX CW NE6LE(K4XU) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 31 23:42:15 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NE6LE
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: K4XU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR

   20: 1116

Club: CODXC

Comments:

Why go to LF when you can work 3 pointers all night on 20m? It was as if the
auroral zone disappeared for the weekend. This is the first time in years that
I was able to play 20m past sunset. It was open to Eu and Asia all night.
There's something cool about running Europe on 20m at 120 an hour at 3AM local.
The thunderstorm noise was not as difficult either. And, oh yeah, my 40m
antennas are not the best....
NE6LE is possibly the most difficult call I have ever used. Even when the op at
the other end is capable and I know I'm S9+, there's something that makes it
into NE? or ?LE. Look at all the spots for NE6L or N6LE.
Lots of fun! Thanks to all who figured it out.
73,
Dick