[3830] CQWW SSB GI5K(MI0LLL) SOSB/80 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 3 10:47:50 PST 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: GI5K
Operator(s): MI0LLL
Station: MI0LLL

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH:

   80: 2597    27      105
Total: 2597    27      105  Total Score = 504,372

Antennas; 2 phased verticals + 2el quad

Conditions were not as good as I expected, although my
Q total was good, I basically did not log enough NA stations
on the first night to challenge the single band EU record, but
am pleased with the final score.

We recorded 76mph wind gusts which partly broke one of the top
arms of the quad on the Saturday but it still worked well,
it moved the resonance from 3.760 to the DX window.

It was a great feeling to have a clear frequency at sunrise
gray line to hear the warble in the VE6 / VE7 voices as they make
it into the log.
Thanks to all who called.

73s

Chris MI0LLL / GI5K