[3830] UR DX C4Z(5B4AIZ) SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 8 07:44:03 PST 2009

                    Ukrainian DX Contest

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Mazotos

  160:     0    0       0
   80:   193    0      52
   40:   207    0      49
   20:   398    0      63
   15:   206    0      48
   10:     1    0       1
---------------------------
Total:  1005    0     213  Total Score = 1,108,878

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

That was tough going. After ww ssb it was like a returning winter blast after
having had a taste of spring, we need a big improvement  for ww cw - here's
hoping.

20 mtrs closed early, the muf on 40m collapsed by mid evening so it was tough
going for little pistols with wet noodle antennas for 80mtrs. 15m was patchy
and I never heard a signal on 10m other than when Steve, ZC4LI and I moved
there to make a mult. I tried many times to call into a void. Yet I note YP7P
made 158 q's on that band. It is still early doors for the claimed scores but
the next highest show for that band is UZ2M with just 13!

I never scored so low on country multipliers with only 44, and that was over 4
bands! there certainly was not much dx around.

I note that UA9SP has managed to head me again, congrats to him on a fb low
power mult count ( I shall be after you if I can ever figure how to get a top
band antenna to fit my postage size plot :))). )

Looking forward to reading the SS reports later and see what the USA guys made
of the conditions.

73  Brian 5B4AIZ  (C4Z).

Rig - TS570 - 100W, 3 Ele Triband Yagi. 40m dipole (inv Vee. Quarter wave
sloper for 80m. Logging with SD, flawless.