[3830] SS CW K6LRG Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 8 19:11:51 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6LRG
Operator(s): N6WM K4VU
Station: K6LRG

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: EB

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

station casualty count:
catastrophic antenna failure: 1
catastrophic operator illness: 1

Doesn't life has its suprises!  Ok.  Went into this with the best intentions,
having 2 ops on an M/S.  maybe learn some ropes from a master.  Well, my
co-operator fell ill.  K4VU deserves big props for sticking it out as long as
he did, he finally melted down kind of like the guys in the movie airplane when
they ate the wrong meal..  Thanks Robin, for sticking it out that long!

So, alone at the station, drop to 80 m, and all of a sudden an SWR problem on
the main antenna. Dead in the water. Whats a guy to do? Its Sweepstakes dammit!
I brought a decommissioned inverted L online and by golly if it didnt work
great.  80 was in F/B shape, too bad I spent alot of the time just getting the
wire online.

Anyways, a great experience despite the challenges.  Now will prepate to do
battle in spatter alley in a couple of weeks.

73 and GO NCCC!
seeya next time
Chris
N6WM