[3830] SS CW K0KU Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 8 19:30:12 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0KU
Operator(s): K0VBU, K0VXU, KU1CW
Station: K0KU

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: KS

Always one of our favorite contests, but this year was special. K0VXU, W0UN, and
K0VBU operated their very first contest in SS CW in 1959, operating multi using
KN0UTX (now W0UN.) Although John, W0UN, was unable to join them in person (they
did work him in the contest), Bill, K0VBU, and Russ, K0VXU operated this year at
K0KU, the University of Kansas club station, as a golden anniversary. In 1959,
as Novices with 75 watts and crystal control, the team made 75 Q's in 40 hours
over two weekends, and were proud of it! This year, with 900+ Q's and a Sweep,
it was deemed an improvement! A great time was had by all! We look forward to
next year.
Bill, K0VBU