[3830] SS CW K4XU Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 8 19:41:26 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: K4XU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR

Club: CODXC

Comments:

First time with N1MM and new K3. Took a while to change 15 year old habits from
TR. Bands were generally good -- nice to see 15m open.
Sunday morning I was missing NL for a sweep. I had heard VO1MP in S&P mode and
decided to camp out on 15m and call CQ. No 'MP but K4XP/VO1 calls, says "hi
Dick" and gives me #2. Keith, you made my day. From out here VE8 is much easier
than NL when it comes to busting pileups.
I will experiment more with N1MM... it takes a while to get the hand of it.
Thanks to all who called.
Dick