[3830] SS CW K9NR SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 8 19:46:04 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K9NR
Operator(s): K9NR
Station: K9NR

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Kankakee, Illinois

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

My antennas were trashed by last years ice and wind storms.  I spent the past
couple of months assembling a Bencher Skyhawk tribander and converting a new
Cushcraft XM-240 to a Moxon.
We hauled up the new antennas and a new rotor to the top of my 93 ft. Rohn 45
on Friday.  Finished the job as darkness fell.
Saturday morning before the start of the contest, I ran the feedlines from the
tower underground to the house.  I put the connectors about an hour after the
contest started.
The Skyhawk works great.  However, the real star is the Moxon converted 40
meter Yagi.  It easily outperforms the basic shorty forty Yagi in every
respect.  The performance is stunning!
Even with a late start, I had a great time.
Thanks for all the Q's.
73, Don K9NR