[3830] SS CW WT6K SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 8 20:00:26 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WT6K
Operator(s): WT6K
Station: WT6K

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: EB
Operating Time (hrs): 23:40

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My best ever score from my home QTH. Spent some time reading the SS info on the
'Members Only' portion of the webpage. Found it very usefull in terms of
strategy and decided to operate in the Unlimited category so I could take
advantage of the Telenet/Packet window in N1MM as part of the strategy. Having
the correct spot filters made a big difference in the usefullness of the spots.
I put up a home brew 15M 3 element Monobander and I'm glad I did. 15M was open,
both days. I was able to have some short runs on 15 and more important I was
able to work most of the remainging tough to work sections on the band. As a
result I had a clean sweep before noon on Sunday. First time ever for me. 80
Meters late Saturday night was very productive. I had my best run on 80M with a
long wire antenna. Go figure!

A big thank you to the members for all the help getting ready for the test.

73,
Al Rendon
wt6k