[3830] SS CW K9GY Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 8 20:19:35 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN61fn

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First mistake was not putting up a low 80m dipole. Second mistake was not
hooking up all the contest-expedition radio stuff. Third mistake was trying to
be a serious entry from the home QTH.

All Q's done S+P and all CW sent manually (no memory keyer). At least I got
some use out of the expensive paddle! Almost had a half-baked idea to log on
paper but I came to my senses rather quickly after having to type in VHF rover
logs over the summer, hah!

So as CUBS fans (soon BEARS fans too!) say in Chicago: "Wait 'til next year"

It was fun but had too much other non-radio stuff happening this weekend.

CQ CONTEST!
Eric

FT-990 & Cushcraft R-8