[3830] SS CW N5NA SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 8 20:43:11 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N5NA
Operator(s): N5NA
Station: N5NA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WTX

Got a slow start trying to listen to a football game and work SS.  Had 79
sections when I quit Saturday night just needing NL.  Sunday morning I pointed
the antenna NE hoping to snag an NL station.  VO1MP was finally spotted on 15m
but he was only about S-1, if that, here.  After he came and went a few times
his signal improved to about an S-5.  After about an hour calling in the pileup
I finally worked him at 1938 Sunday afternoon for the sweep.

I called one station a couple of times who kept telling me I was a dupe.  There
was absolutely no convincing him otherwise and to work me.  Guess he hasn't
gotten the word about working dupes.

Thanks to all for a fun weekend!